- wru (gos.i, homepage) wru is an essential general purpose test framework compatible with web environment, node.js, Rhino, and now PhantomJS too.
- Vows (gos.i, homepage) Vows is a behavior driven development framework for Node.js. Vows was built from the ground up to test asynchronous code. It executes your tests in parallel when it makes sense, and sequentially when there are dependencies. Emphasis was put on speed of execution, clarity and user experience.
- Nodeunit (gos.i, homepage) Simple syntax, powerful tools. Nodeunit provides easy async unit testing for node.js and the browser.
- test_it (gos.i, homepage) A light-weight yet complete testing framework for node.js and in-browser tests.
- Soda.js (gos.i, homepage) Selenium Node Adapter. A light-weight Selenium RC client for NodeJS, with additional Sauce Labs integration for acceptance testing in the cloud.
Mocking & Stubbing
- BITE (gos.i, homepage) BITE is a suite of tools that lets you test the web from the web, offering tools that inform and accelerate manual and exploratory testing. It is currently available as an extension for the Chrome browser.
- doctest.js (gos.i, homepage) Doctest/JS is a port of a widely used testing module doctest from the Python world. Doctest was originally written to test documentation, but it's also an embodiment of a more general pattern of example-oriented testing. Tests are made up of code and the code's output, almost as though each statement is an implicit assertEqual.